Until Igbo's do something about their bride price

Honestly, this is not funny at all. I am a proud Igbo lady and I love my people but let's call a spade a spade. This is really affecting our youths, is increasing the level of singlehood in Igbo land. Take it or leave it. I witness a bride price yesterday in my own village, I was so shocked, I begin to ask if my people are selling the lady in question or sending her to into poverty. I am not against bride price but what I am saying is our people should do something about it, especially imo state and abia state.
Many suitors left because of this, and the people don't care, is only the lady in question or the guy that knows what she or he is going through.
Will a guy go bankrupt just because he found his happiness in such a state. Do they really want the strugling guys to get married at all.
Please Igbo should do something, even if the husband paid all given in the list, it won't serve to everlasting, it won't cover what the parents of the girl spent in her entire life.
Please our parents, we are pleading for you people to consider, you people are driving suitors away just because of the list.

Comments

Popular